Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer Pinterest Challenge

I've long been a fan of Young House Love, and every time Sherry holds one of her seasonal Pinterest Challenges I always swear I'm going to join in. And I don't. So I set out to make this my rookie season. I hit up my Pinterest boards to see (and remember) what I've accumulated. These are the ones that are inspiring me the most and the ones I know I can manage in the short time frame (these came from my DIY board).


1. This cheese dome caught my eye because of the gorgeous retro green color. For some reason I'm a sucker for that shade when it's done on the right items (old scales especially). And I have a cheese dome that I painted a basic boring black that's just screaming for a refresher. If I can find the right shade...
2. This sweet little galvanized tin was something I saved from The Graphics Fairy (back before Pinterest was around and my computer housed folder after folder of saved images). I think the right decal could really add a pop of the unexpected.
3. The new trend of using trash cans as side tables has me hooked! It's so simple and so cute. I have a perfect spot in our living room for a small cocktail table that would add a layered look to what we have going on now. This may require a trip to Home Goods if I take this challenge.
4. I've never been one to make my own art, but this tape art canvas seem to be something even I can manage (I don't think I ever progressed past the coloring book phase in my quest for artistic fulfillment). Our house has a lot of browns going on in it, so a hot pop of orange or lime green may really set them tone on these walls.

Pinterest Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment