Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Woooooo's there?

Before we moved to our new town, the closest I'd been to Hobby Lobby was my keyboard. Now that I have one within five minutes of our house, I'm always finding reasons to pop by (invitations and goodies for my sister's upcoming bachelorette party and wedding, Rub n' Buff for our bed project) and recently I found the perfect door stop for our master bedroom there as well.


We like to leave our windows open during the day, but the constant slamming of the door was getting annoying; not to mention it sent Tessie running and barking (squawking?) like Chicken Little. This little iron owl is heavy enough to keep the wind from shutting the door, but not so heavy that if we run into it barefoot we're going to break a toe. Perfect.


I'm debating on weather to leave him in his natural state or if I want to paint him bright yellow or lime green for a fun splash of color against our white door and brown carpet.


FUN FACT: recently, at my sister's bridal shower, we were reading an old wive's tale book of ways to bring luck and happiness to your new marriage. Placing an owl figurine near a window was believed to ward off evil spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment