Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Victory is mine!

I finally, finally, finally settled on a paint color/finish for our bed frame! FINALLY. After a failed attempt at rusting, a messy try with my beloved Rubb n' Buff, and a fleshy tone mistake of a painting disaster, I tentatively perused the paint cages at Home Depot once again (I'm so glad our local store leaves them unlocked--I would hate to have to bug someone every. single. time. I visit.). The big shocker? It's not even a rust color. It's not even in the copper toned family (ha! sunscreen reference). The paint that won?


Rust-Oleum Hammered Metallic spray paint in "Silver." In real life, it's just as hammered, grooved, and textured as it is on the cap/nozzle/sprayer thing. So far I've only hit the finials (since it's going to be a pain to drag the whole bed frame down stairs one piece at a time), but I'm loving the results. Hoping to have most of the bed painted by the weekend, but because of the nature of the paint, the curing time seems to be a bit longer than regular spray paint (feels tacky for longer).  

In any case, I can't wait to see the finished frame! Now I can start focusing on the other parts of the room like hanging curtains, sorting out what books and decor I want on the shelves, and getting stuff organized (but in a cute way). 

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Considering getting this same bed from IKEA. Did you ever find something that worked. Any final pictures?

    ReplyDelete