Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Worth the wait

I know I mentioned in a previous post that we had yet to do anything in our dinning room. Part of the reason was our need to relocate our book cases (done!) but the biggest issue was it had become a dumping ground for boxes when we first moved in... ...and we never got around to moving them. But after four months of staring at a pit of ugliness (and chaos), we braved the clutter and got our butts in gear. 

And holy crap was it worth the wait. I refused to take any sort of before shots, so believe me when I say these afters are even better than I could have imagined.


Ignore the bare bulb. We have a light fixture ready to be hung, we just need a ladder. The room feels little off kilter, as there's some open space to the right of this photo (we have plans to keep our eye out for an old rusted serving cart or something similar), but I didn't want to off center the table from the light. 



Our little Tessie étagère gives us a spot to drop sunglasses (we have hooks for bags and keys on the other side of the door) and coral all her goodies; from her treats, to her leashes, to her bubble machine (she loves to chase bubbles), it's all pretty and organized in a vintage soda crate.


The corner hutch that I refinished back at the old house has a new home int he corner of our dinning room. I had the most fun decorating this time around. I stuck with white, silver, glass, and wood tones to play off the blue back drop and the rest of dinning room. The globe on top is from Pottery Barn (marked down to $12!), and I love how the water is black rather than blue. Jason has a thing for globes.


My little glass collection is hiding in the cubby below. My (not so) vintage coke bottles, an Eiffel tower bottle Jason and I bought for our very first apartment, and a small sampling of my many mason jars.


Some items I kept from the original set up at the old house, but since I was working with a new color scheme, I had fun finding new items to show case (like the cake topper from our wedding).




In my vintage milk glass candy dish I used some leftover reindeer moss from the copper bird cage and dropped in some eggs for a little pop of color.



Every time I walk downstairs now I have to pause and stare dreamily at how it looks. We even managed to to do upgrades to living room to make it feel more cohesive, but that will have to wait for another post!

L♥ve.

No comments:

Post a Comment