Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Beautiful Sundays


My Braemore fabric just arrived yesterday! Hopefully I'll have some progress or completed pictures sometime after Thanksgiving!



I have this Pinterest ritual I've been getting into each Sunday whenever possible. I take a few of the home remedy pins I've saved to my beauty and fashion board and test them out. I've discovered two so far which I love and wanted to share them here on the blog (I know I have a few readers out there according to my traffic count--hello and th♥nk you for reading!!). After all, what's the point of pinning without doing??



For this first one, the "original" pin (a.k.a. the one I found) says, "Make your skin glow with an easy home remedy in 5 min. 3 TBSP baking soda, 1 TBSP water, mix together well. Apply to face in circular motion. Let sit for five minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Say hello to healthy, glowing skin! Do this once a week." I can't honestly say that I've noticed more of a "glow" but it seems to work very well as an exfoliator/tightener/my skin seems much smoother after 3 Sundays of doing this. I don't follow the mixing directions as I found if the paste is too grainy, it tends to sting my somewhat sensitive skin. Either way, I'll definitely continue to do it.  




This second pin I'm totally in love with! Recently when I saw my stylist (Thursday), she commented on how amazing my hair felt (and I'm a natural chestnut brunette living life as a blonde, so my hair is definitely friends with chemicals)! She couldn't believe when I told her what I'd been doing: "For silky soft hair mix 3 parts olive oil and 1 part honey. Heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds (until it just begins to boil). Stir until well blended. When still warm, but cool enough to touch apply to damp towel dried hair and comb through. Wrap in towel or put up in a plastic shower cap or bag, let sit for 20-30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, Shampoo, Condition." And the crazy thing is, my hair really is becoming that shiny and silky! I got the thumbs up to continue from my hair chicky, and it hasn't done any sort of damage/alteration to my color. 


Tonight I'm hoping to attempt an at-home French manicure using this technique (only I'll be using painter's tape because I have that on hand). Crossing my soon-to-be-manicured-fingers this turns out well! :)

Source: popcosmo.com via Amber on Pinterest
  

No comments:

Post a Comment