Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The infamous Braemore

I can't help it but anytime I say the word "Braemore" I think of the world "claymore" and I'm instantly hearing Michael Westen's voice over telling me that a claymore is a directional anti-personnel mine used by the U.S. military, and you have to have a steady hand to disarm one. #burnnoticegeek 





In any event, I've been hooked on the Braemore Gazebo fabric in "Cloud" since I first saw it on John and Sherry's headboard in their master bedroom. And then (oddly enough) I saw it featured in an episode of Burn Notice and my obsession was ignited.





season 5, episode 5, "square one." you can see the gorgeous curtains about five to ten minutes from the end of the episode. 


I really really wanted those curtains in our bedroom. Right now it's looking very pretty and grey thanks to the silver bed frame and charcoal sheets, but this fabric is the perfect way to bring in more colors. And the chartreuse green and pretty blue fits in with the rest of our house perfectly! 

Of course it's been a while since YHL debuted their headboard (July 24) and that fabric has circulated around Pinterest like a wildfire. Thankfully, I found it online at 1502 Fabrics for $20 a yard (some places were asking $25+ per yard). I plan on hemming the sides to finish them but as far as the length goes, I want to leave them in all their glory. I may have to fold and tuck here and there, but I want to be able to reuse this fabric if/when we move out of the townhouse (sometime next year). 

Now for the impatient waiting game until the fabric arrives on my doorstep. 

Cue the Jeopardy music...

No comments:

Post a Comment