Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Goody bag

I'm calling this a melting pot of posts, since it's encompassing so much all in once place. I'm hoping that once I get used to my new schedule, I'll be able to blog with more regularity, but for now these "goody bag" posts will have to suffice.

First things first, I've officially completed my first three days in my new job position! And it. was. crazy! The first day I came home so exhausted I fell into bed at 8:30. My old position is still in the process of being filled, so I'm splitting my time between my new job and my old job which is making me feel like a Stretch Armstrong doll: pulled in every direction!


On a bright note, they have offered someone my old job so hopefully soon I'll be settling into a normal routine. And, I can happily say the two new sets of shoes I purchased for the job have kicked some serious executive ass! No blisters and only some very minor rubbing by the end of the day. And since we're on the shoe subject, look what I found on my first visit to a Nordstrom Rack (Nordstrom's outlet store).


They're teal Badgley Mischka kitten heels and I scored them for $85. I bought an identical pair in black last year for the Marine Corps ball and paid close to $300 full retail. The color is magical, and it's almost ridiculous how many items I have that these will go with.  

On the DIY front, Jason and I are heading to Home Depot today for some garden goodies. I snagged these super adorable purple plants from my sister's wedding last weekend (they're called Joey plants). I loved them because they remind me of fluffy thistle.


I'm hoping to find a nice long planter that will fit on our patio wall (they love full sunlight) so they'll be a nice welcome as you walk up to our front door. I'm also finally purchasing the spray paint I've been wanting (since I mentioned it on July 18) to test out for our bed makeover (here and here). I'm planning on spray painting the little birdcage I also snagged from the wedding so it has a rusted sort of finish to it. I'm pretty geeked out to get back to the big orange store as it's been forever since I went (and my shopping list is pretty long). 

I'll be back to share more progress throughout the week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment