Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Strike three

If there's one thing I know about this bed project is once I'm done with it, I should be absolutely in love with  our bed frame because I've exhausted every possibility for colors, textures, and finishes. But unfortunately, that time just isn't here yet. 

Jason and I ran to Home Depot on Sunday and grabbed three different cans of Rust-Oleum spray paint (I'll touch on what we did with the other two cans later this week). The one I grabbed for our bed was in their textured finishes line and was called "Lumber." The finish on the cap looked and felt like what I was going for; even though I had gone with the plan of buying "Autumn Brown," when I got there it seemed too dark. So "Lumber" it was.


Should have gone with "Autumn Brown!" The color was much more flesh toned in real life. Not at all like the caramel color the cap had on it. I was so unimpressed I didn't even finish painting the finial from our bed.

Am I kicking myself for not grabbing my original choice? YES. But when I go back, I think I'll take a good hard look at each of their textured finish colors, because the feel of the paint when it's dry is perfect. It feels very bumpy and rough, and if I can find the right color I know I'll achieve the look I'm going for.  

Just not on this round...

No comments:

Post a Comment